2001-01-07 10:30 pm

A New Year begins

I'm certainly due for an update here. . . but it is cold here by this window so it will be short. But Happy New Year!!

New Year's Eve weekend ended up being a bust. All that hard work last week to get done with work wore me out. I ended up sick for the whole three days. I'm glad I didn't have to go back in to work on the weekend but I wonder if I had taken it easier and planned to be in on the weekend if I might have not been so sick.

We went to a party on the Saturday night before New Year's Eve. I planned on going on to the club to see the band play but the party wore me out quickly and I went home. New Year's Eve was the same and the thought of getting dressed and driving downtown was too much to bear to I stayed home. Mark called just before midnight and let me listen to the band play Auld Lang Syne.

New Year's Day was more sleeping and watching football. Mark brought me dinner from Threadgill's so I got my yearly inoculation of black-eyed peas.

Back to work on Tuesday, still sick. Each day was better this week and I was well by Friday.

Friday my little grandmother went into the hospital so I've spent each day with a long trip up to Round Rock to visit her. She has been in good spirits. She is suffering from congestive heart failure and has fluid in the lungs. She is in decline, but she is 93 and has had a long life. I hope they can keep her happy and comfortable. I know she would like to quit hurting and quit worrying about incontinence and pain.

I went to the acupuncturist yesterday and it was wonderful wonderful! So relaxing. She was alarmed that my tongue was purple and it hadn't been so purple since she first saw me in April. It's a sign of depression so she prescribed some herbs. She also could see that I was very tired and hoped these herbs would help that as well.

Mark is off on his tour this morning. They left at 8. I had to get up too and drive Mark up to Seth's house for them to leave from. I visited Mamma at the hospital afterward and then came home and crashed. I slept all day. I haven't done that in years. No one called, no one knocked, the dogs didn't bother me. It was very nice.

Visitors coming this week to "keep me from being lonely." I'm looking forward to seeing my sister Wednesday. An old college friend coming Saturday for a night. I'm also looking forward to some time alone. Lots needs to be done here.

Before || After
Older Entries
Book Club - Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014
A Good Saturday Ahead - Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014
Back to Work - Monday, Jan. 06, 2014
The New Year Arrives - Wednesday, Jan. 01, 2014
Engaged - Monday, Dec. 30, 2013
JournalCon Austin
Design by Rachel